Operating in nine states, Sunstate Equipment has provided construction, industrial, and special-event companies with top-quality construction rental equipment and tools since 1977.
Sunstate Equipment didn’t know what was causing collisions or increasing risks (and therefore cost) for the company.
USING THE PROGRAM
- Sunstate Equipment used the Lytx® Driver Safety Program to develop a structured training process for its technicians that emphasized safety best practices and coaching opportunities.
- Sunstate Equipment leverages the video technology to identify problem behaviors—such as use of mobile devices, speeding, road rage, and traffic violations—and to determine what happened at the time of a collision or incident.
“We had no visibility into what driving behaviors were causing our accidents and near misses.”
Safety Manager, Sunstate Equipment
- After implementing the Driver Safety Program, Sunstate Equipment was able to coach technicians out of risky behaviors, improving driving performance and safety scores.
- The company saw a noticeable reduction in collisions and also was able to achieve exoneration from false claims, which protects fleet vehicles and finances.
- Sunstate Equipment successfully leveraged Lytx video telematics to increase employee productivity by an incredible 40-50%.